I have found these to be fantastic pre or post workout snacks. They are simple to make and great for a quick snack. Here is the recipe I used to make these:
- 2 ripe but firm bananas
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped, or semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Line a baking sheet with nonstick foil or parchment paper.
- Cut the bananas in half and insert a Popsicle stick into each half, as shown. Place them on the baking sheet and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate with the oil in a Pyrex measuring cup in the microwave (check it every 30 seconds) or in a half-full pan of simmering water (about 2 minutes). Stir until smooth.
- Roll each banana half in the chocolate.
- Freeze until the chocolate sets, 30 minutes. Serve or freeze in an airtight container for up to a week.